Although some people prefer to wear plain t-shirts, others love custom t-shirts with inspirational or funny messages and interesting photo designs. However, you will be happy to learn that you can start a t-shirt business from the comfort of your home. Below is a guideline detailing how to start a t-shirt business from home.
1. First and foremost, you need to determine the type of t-shirts you would like to sell. You could to sell t-shirts with funny messages or inspirational messages. Furthermore, you could provide your clients with custom designs to suit individual tastes and preferences.
2. Enlist the services of a firm specializing in silk screen t shirt printing if you want to have some designs or messages printed on the t-shirts. It is important to point out that this is an excellent way of saving money when initially starting up. However, when your business starts growing and you start raking in some decent profits, you will find it more beneficial to learn the process of silk screen printing after which you will need to buy the supplies and the equipment necessary to complete the tasks.
3. The next step entails identifying a suitable vendor capable of selling you superior quality blank t-shirts in bulk. Remember, it is a good idea to buy the blank t-shirts in bulk as this saves money. Also, get someone to put labels bearing your company name on the t-shirts in order to grow your brand through name recognition.
4. Think about the strategy you would like to apply in order to sell lots of t-shirts and also choose a location where you will sell them. You may choose to sell your t-shirts online, at bazaars and at fairs. While at it, get the relevant licenses from the county authorities or the department in charge of licensing in your present location. You will be required to have this in most jurisdictions even if your business will be home-based.
5. Create a website through which you will sell your custom t-shirts. However, you need to exercise patience since success does not come immediately. Market your site and send out fliers and ads to catch people’s attention. You may also resort to Search Engine Optimization to improve your website ranking among the popular search engines. This is a sure way of driving sales.
6. Last but certainly not least, choose your preferred payment terms. Some people may choose to pay cash while others will make check payments. These guidelines will help you get started as you set up your home-based t-shirt business.